How do I…
Start working with PassHub
Scan to register
- In your browser, navigate to the login page of PassHub,ch. There you will see the QR code for Login and/or for Registration.
- Scan the QR code with your WWPass PassKey.
NOTE: You must have the free WWPass PassKey app.
Get your free WWPass PassKey application
- You can get the "WWPass PassKey" application on the iOS AppStore or on Google Play
- Launch the app and follow instructions to personalize your PassKey app.
Please write down and remember your WWPass PIN: it cannot be reset
- We recommend that you complete the Passkey backup procedure. This only takes a moment and when finished your PassKey is bound to your email address. It is necessary to follow these steps to be able to transfer the application to another device in the future if your phone is lost or stolen, or when you upgrade to a new one.
- For account activation, register with your e-mail address by entering it in the requested field.
- If you do not have a PassHub.ch account yet, the PassHub will send you an email with a verification link.
- Open the link by clicking on it and then scan the QR code which opens using your WWPass PassKey. Your user account is created for you automatically at your first login.
Scan to sign-in
Login to PassHub.ch by scanning the QR code with the WWPass PassKey app on your smartphone.
Access your PassHub records right on your phone -Touch to sign-in
When opening PassHub.ch in your smartphone browser, instead of scanning the QR code just tap the QR code on the screen with your finger.
Create a new password safe
A password safe is a top-level folder which contains login records, notes, files, and other folders.
Click New Password Safe and enter any safe name you like
Create a new login entry, note, file or folder
To add a new record, click the Add button.
When you're on a mobile device, tap the password safe name to get to the list of safe items.
New login entry
Fill the form shown below, where:
- Title - identifies the account entry. It is the only required field in the form.
- Username/password - the credentials of the account. Use provided random password generator to get a strong password. Just click Generate.
- URL - network name or IP address of the resource. URLs which start with "http://" "https://" or "www." are shown as active web links.
- Notes - specific notes, instructions, or other messages are safely encrypted and stored with each entry.
Note is a special type of record to store arbitrary not structured texts. The “Note” dialog consists only of Title and Notes fields.
You can store files in PassHub too. These may be sensitive documents you share with clients or partners, SSL certificates used widely in IT infrastructure and so on. File names and content are encrypted the same way as all other data.
First click Browse button to select a file, next use Upload button.
Copy/move entries to another safe or folder
Open a menu of the desired Entry and select Cut or Copy command
Now open a menu of a destination safe or folder, note the Paste command become active. Select Paste and the entry will be copied or moved to a new location.
Please note, the Paste command is only active for 30 seconds after you clicked Cut or Copy.
Share my password safe with others
You can share your records by granting other users access to the selected password safe.
NOTE: the recipient user should already be registered in the PassHub.ch.
Password safe owner: Select Share item in the safe menu. For laptop or desktops just click with the mouse on the active safe and then select the three-dots menu icon.
When on mobile, tap the safe name to get to the list of the safe items and then select the three-dots menu icon.
In the safe menu, choose Share item and provide the recipient's email address. You can edit a safe name, as it will be seen by the recipient. The safe name in your account will stay intact.
You can also select a role (read-only, editor, or administrator) for the recipient user:
- Read-only - the recipient can see all the safe entries, but cannot add, modify or delete entries.
- Editor - in addition to viewing the information, the recipient can add, modify or delete safe entries.
- Admin - in addition to Editor rights, the recipient can share the safe, change other user rights or revoke user access.
The dedicated role can be changed, revoke any time by the safe Owner/Admin.
Sharing can be stopped any time by the safe Owner/Admin.
If you would like to notify the recipient that you have shared a safe, the standard email text as shown below appears in your mail agent. You can customize your text and send it to the recipient.
Recipient does not need any action and automatically sees the shared safe when they login next time.
Backup and restore my records
Export your records in XML or CSV file and import them later.
Select Export link under your password safe list. In the provided dialog choose one of two file formats - CSV or XML. For backup/restore purposes they are equally good. However, if you want to have exported data in human-readable form or to put them into an Excel table, use CSV.
Compatibility with KeePass
There are at least three flavors of KeePass password manager:
- KeePass 2 - for Windows
- Keepass2Android - for Android devices
- KeepassXC - cross-platform application for MAC, Linux, and Windows
Windows and Android versions support an XML format as a primary choice. CSV implementation contains errors and is not recommended. Cross-platform KeePassXC supports CSV only, but this implementation is correct.
SUMMARY: use CSV for KeePassXC and XML for KeePass2/Windows and KeePass2Andoird
You can only Import PassHub or KeePass-compatible files. They have CSV and XML format.
- Select Import link under the password safe list
- Select mode: Import (puts file data into a newly created single safe) or Restore (merges file data with existing safes)
- Select the file you wish to upload
NOTE: Restore mode preserves all the data you have in PassHub, it can only add new records or additional versions of existing records. It never deletes or modifies existing data.
All files in every safe must be manually downloaded by Export/ Backup and uploaded by Import/Restore procedures.